Tuesday 31 July 2018

My friend

A thought occurred today
Completely random, completely unrelated
I wasn't even thinking about you
The thought reminded me of you

What would happen if we never talk?
What would happen if one of us leaves this earth earlier than we thought?
What would happen if one of us loses the will to live?
What would happen if one of us loses it with the other? (Lol)

Nothing!

It would not change the way I think about you
It would not change how much I love you
Your memory will never fade into non-existence
Your voice will never stop singing to my soul

Nothing!

I can feel your hugs while we are miles apart
I could feel your hugs even when we'd be world apart
I can pretend to talk to you right now, and know what you'd say
You are a part of me, and you'll stay there until I'm me

Nothing!

There's not an iota of doubt within me
That this feeling well remain the same
Years and decades can't change this about you
There's no one I could call a soul sister, but you

Hmm! I just hope I find a man, who gets me half as well as you
Who I can bare my weaknesses to
Who I can show off my strengths to
I hope that I can show you off too.

I'm tearing up, relieved that the words have taken shape
Of my respect, my gratitude and my undying love for you, my friend.

Love Dudu!

No comments: