Thursday 28 February 2019

War and War

It's true, we never win with violence.
But, how do we win?
But, do we have to win?
But, what if we don't?
But, I don't want war.
But, it's easier said than done.
But, I want to be safe.
But, how can I, without war?
But, how can I, with war?
But, I'm not at the frontiers, fighting it.
So I can't decide for them.
So I can't decide for me.
But, what can I do?
But, can I do something?
Yes, have faith. In those who've sworn to protect us.
Yes, show solidarity to our nation's heroes.
Yes, stand United with a billion others.
Stop unfriending those who don't think as you do.
Stop trolling those who don't think as you do.
Be compassionate. You are on the same boat.
There's a good chance we can survive this.
But, I'm angry.
But, I can't remain unspoken when my brothers are dying.
See, that's the thing about wars.
Someone starts it.
Someone has to end it.
Someone wins. Everyone looses.
We rebuild.
We wait.
The sense of security lasts a minute, an hour, a day, a decade, a century or a millennium.
But, I'm not sure when, am I?
No, so I need to stay alert.
No, so I need to invest in defense.
The world is a jungle. And I need to stay awake.
But, is there an end to this?
But, was there a beginning either?
The answer to both is, NO!

No comments: