Sunday 6 May 2018

Shweta Bhat's room

Shweta Bhat is my soul sister and her room houses countless memories of our times together. So here's what it means to me......

Shweta Bhat's room is paradise
It's just made for me
Although my own room isn't
It's how I want it to be

It spills out Shweta Bhat's secrets
Her 'things to do' board once read out
"Buy Ruth a gift!"
It made my day, needless to say

It can get dark and dingy
Like Snape's dungeon
It can get bright and shiny
Like a happydent using person

It's got loads of books, to choose from
It's got so many books,
that I end up choosing none at all
There's magic at work there, somewhere.

It's got a laptop,
With my favourite things to watch
It's Willy Wonka's chocolate factory
A little bit of this, a little bit of that

A lone lamp stands in the corner
Perched over a cupboard
A wishing well, I wish and
It spills over my heart's desire.

It's got that other cupboard
That houses my comfort pants
I steal them from time to time
And let her use them when she rants.

It's got 2 chairs,
She wants nothing to be placed upon
I'm so tempted, always
It's like a compulsion that stays.

It has a window to the world
Although mine has had balconies
Which open to the blue skies
The window is what I crave for.

It has a mosquito bat
That acts as a prop at times
I've never really seen her use it
Not when I'm awake at least.

Most importantly, it has Shweta Bhat
I can't imagine my life without
Who's always kept it open for me
Even if I snore aloud.

No comments: