Sunday 30 November 2014

The Traveller

I want to go to the end of the world
sit on the ledge, try to see beyond the visible
as great men had done years before,
and journeyed far, as is told in the yore.

I want to go to the lost civilizations
walk upon the soil that housed generations
millenniums ago, who lived and prospered
and passed on to us, their precious world.

I want to go to the farthest of places
untouched and pure; live with the people
speak their language, learn their ways,
cook their food and trace their heritage

I want to go to the densest of jungles
and seek compassion in the wild;
and experience life the way it started
leaving all comforts behind

I want to go to the scared of places
where the greatest religions were born
which hold the faith of millions of people
witnessed miracles and the divine.

I want to visit the ruins of kingdoms
and study their birth and downfall;
learn the influence they had
on art, language, architecture in all.

I want to visit the country side
where life is laid back and simple
get in touch with the roots of society -
in the hustle and bustle of a community.

I want to go to the secluded of beaches
and experience the vastness of nature
swim in the salty waters, listen to the tides roar
when a moon lights up the sea and the shore.

I want to go to the busiest of streets
taste the street side food so rife
marvel at the world of an urban man
relish and cherish his everyday life

I want to travel back in time

.... to be continued

PS: Nothing inspires me more than to connect with you from across the world. Make your presence felt, leave a comment :)