Thursday 18 October 2012

The Sun



On a cold October morning, I’ve woken up at half past four
I’m sitting in the balcony, of my house on the 8th floor
I look at the horizon, and I see he’s not there yet
But, I’m so excited that I just can’t get back to bed
Everything around looks a shade of brown and black
It’s as though I’m seeing the world through a tinted lens pack.
I look behind me and I see a canopy of roofs
I can’t get through them deep into their grooves
May be there’s a beautiful lawn or a garden full of flowers
I think, how I’ll never know even if I’m in one of the towers
I turn a little to my right and I see an unfinished room lit,
May be the labourers are working into their night shift
Further right, my eyes freeze on a patch of brown,
I can still hear sweet voices of children on that school ground
So I’m back to looking east, and I see a faint red glow
The brighter it gets I see true colours of things below.
And slowly emerges a foray of colours,
First red, pink, orange and then the others
It spreads around and envelops the entire eastern sky
It’ll happen anytime now, he’s only a moment shy.
And finally, he rises all majestic and bold
He looks just as beautiful as I was told.
On a cold October morning, I woke up at half past four
I’m sitting in the balcony, of my house on the 8th floor