Sunday 9 July 2017

Terminal

Begin.

I'm excited.
Seated on a comfortable chair
That leans backwards
Spins me around
Phone plugged to a charging point
That's unnoticeable under the table
Reading and answering
Posts on Quora
While a sea of people pass by
Speaking their own tongue
Children, adults and elders
Some copassengers, some not
I'll never know, because
I've buried myself in my book
In the game of thrones
"Call home." A voice rings
I hang up after a good 10 minutes
Sneak a peek at my boarding pass
At the clock on my phone
Raise my head to look around
In no particular direction
For no particular reason
While the clock ticks, I pen
These words down
I say, "The life of an urban man"
Many words written online
Many scribbled as statuses
Many sarcastic, many funny
While an elderly gentleman
On the next table wonders
where spoken words have gone.

End.

No comments: